Families of Children with Special Needs
- Fathers Network: Dads of children with special needs, birth to adulthood, meet with other dads, learn about useful resources, and discover interesting & effective ways to support their child and family.
- Mothers' Circle: A community of women raising children with special needs ages 0-6 years.
- Sibshops: A lively, action-packed workshop that supports the brothers and sisters of a child with a disability.
- Unexpected Journey: An 8-week discussion series for parents of children with a disability or special health care need.
- Family Counseling: Supports families facing the emotional impact and unique challenges of parenting a child with special needs. Service is only available to families currently enrolled in Kindering’s Early Intervention program.
Families of Young Children
- Parent Education: Parenting Plus provides free, multi-lingual parent education courses for families who may be experiencing difficulties.
- Speaker Series: Monthly workshop provides expert input on relevant topics such as your child’s sleeping, eating, or behavior concerns.
- Kindering Connections: a new forum designed to provide an opportunity for Kindering families to connect with one another. We are currently exploring the best options for an online discussion group, as well as planning periodic get-togethers.
Foster and Kinship Families
- Mamas and Papas: Support group designed specifically for relative caregivers and is a collaborative partnership with Children's Administration and Youth Eastside Services.